1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest after 5+ months of been closes I am pleased to announce that Psychotic-Hell is back. Join with the same IP: play.psychotic-hell.com

Filip's Server Suggestion

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Filip, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Filip

Filip New Member
    Staff Member *

What is your in game name?:
    Krishpy
    What is your suggestion?:
    Lately when many players have been online, I’ve been watching how frequently shop is being visited and in a 2 hour period shop was not visited once. It seems to be that money is hard to obtain because selling treasure and sugarcane and whatnot isn’t all that much worth it.

With jobs only providing a minimal amount of one’s balance (for example, hunter level 17 only provides 1.1 per mob killed, 1.1k for 1000mobs killed which is only around 1/6th of the price it is to get only 16 prismarine blocks. 5000 mobs take 1 hour to spawn, 1 hour for only 16 blocks of prismarine. Now it’s not only the prismarine that seems to be overpriced, 1 glowstone block costs $750, 4 diamonds costs $1200, 32 dirt blocks costs $500, 8 blocks of oak wood costs $350, I think my point is clear at this point.

Now I understand that the server wants people to start their own chest shops but players wouldn’t want to sell things that are already in the shop, players would want to sell enchantments, gear, slimefun stuff, stuff that you can’t buy from the server shop.

Some may ask, well what’s the point of lowering prices on shop if the server is assumed to be a survival server and that all resources should be gathered. Well in that case, the server doesn’t really need an economy or a money system entirely. A traditional survival server has a balanced price-income ratio that allows people to buy blocks and other resources from shop at fair prices, if our server continues to have such high prices; it would be no different to other realms servers that anyone can start up.

My proposition is an overhaul on shop prices if the server desires to grow. A balanced economy where players can dispose of their balance on resources they would see fit for purchase. Wafflezz has as of the 9/07/2018, $255k in his balance and not once has it dropped any lower, presumed that he has not visited the shop to spend on blocks for building or diamonds for repairing, so on and so forth. Some prices such as nametags, beacons, elytra’s and sponges have fair prices but the majority do not.​

2. Wafflezz

Wafflezz New Member
    Staff Member * *

I totally agree with you, I have only bought 1 item in the shop as it is extremely difficult for players to earn cash and majority of the items in the shop are too expensive for normal players to obtain them.

3. BlueSteelAU

BlueSteelAU Server Admin
    Staff Member *

the server shop is only there as a last resort. if we put the prices down then players wouldn't be able to make profit on the things that your looking to me lowered in the shop. players shouldn't be limited to those types of items, they should be able to sell everything that they mine/harvest to other players. eg: logs, food , etc.. the mundane everyday items.. yes setting up a shop chest costs money. nut using the /ah does not. the prices in the shop are set like they are to limit the highest price a player should be able to get. like a safeguard against rip offs. we dried lower the prices in the real world but no one opened up shops. it was only when we set the prices higher did we see players opening their own shops and using the Auction house system. this isn't a server that provides everything for you , you have to work for it, get it yourself or from other players I've seen players continually giving stuff to other players that's fine. but then they complain that anything they want to buy is too expensive. if they'd sold the stuff and not given it away they could make money. Players at the top of the balance list have made most of that money by robbing the bank. I'll start opening shop chests soon and i suggest other players do so .. then you'll see that the stuff you don't want can make you money. when 1.13 comesout there will be a ton more stuff you can sell too. this is a player run economy server. start making money and have fun gathering , selling and buying from other players.

after we have upgraded to 1.13 we will review the prices. but they will remain price caps , to encourage player run economy